Guardians_of_Death
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Guardians of Death Hero League!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
» Join GoD
  GoD Application Form

» GoD Members
  Current Member List

» Skill Books
  Skill books description

Similar topics

Server Copy

Go down 
+5
Zeus-X
Hell_Spear7
r3d
PhoenixDemon
Peachy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Peachy
Admin
Admin
Peachy

Female
Number of posts : 3141
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:37 pm

Posted by GM Fugen: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Server Copy is a manual, labor-intensive process in which GMs copy one of your characters over from one server to the next. This is not automated; all of your info has to be manually recreated. Here's how the process will work.

1. On the same account as the character you will be copying, create a new character on the new server. Make it the same gender as the character you're copying. Pick a name you like because that will be the new character's name. And make him/her look the way you want, because that's what s/he'll end up looking like.

2. You purchase server copy like a name change. You're given instructions and a a transaction code. You send that code and the info requested (userID, character you want copied, server/character you want it copied onto) to a special email address. Within two weeks, a GM will copy your character and email you it's been copied.

3. What will copy over:

A) First and second role (if any)
B) Karma
C) Epis
D) Skills will be copied to the last completed level (e.g. Gigantic Blue Sword of Constant Flow Cheng 10 99% and Gigantic Blue Sword of Constant Flow Cheng 10 1% would be copied at Cheng 10 0%)
D) Mastery points will copy for you to distribute as you see fit (free mastery reset)
E) Chi points will copy over for you to distribute as you see fit (free attribute reset)
F) Levels and XP
G) Clan

4. What will not copy over:

A) Quests (we can't copy them). You can, however, continue any quests you get from your current level on.
B) Gear -- no in-game or premium items will copy over
C) Gold

5. Your character will arrive in his/her underwear on the new server.

6. You can gift a Server Copy if you follow the directions. What this means is that you can buy your friend a Server Copy of one of his characters on his same account. You cannot gift/trade/sell your characters with this process. Like name change, if you don't follow directions, you won't get your Server Copy.

We cannot/will not copy any items from your old character to your new character.

You may post questions here if they're related to the process. Things like why can't you copy my quests, why aren't I getting my gear, etc. will be ignored. This was what was determined to be fair.

Pricing will be announced when the service goes live.

So just to reiterate/sum up -- Server Copy is a manual service to copy one of your characters on the same account from one server to another. You will need to follow the directions with the item (like Name Change) and only the above items will be copied -- quests, gear, and money will not be copied.
Back to top Go down
https://guardians.niceboard.com
PhoenixDemon
Heavenly Immortal
PhoenixDemon

Male
Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2009-12-26

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:47 pm

I'll just paste what I have wrote on Legend's blog:
wow… I was expecting to be charged more for this fake and g.. server copy.
Obviously, they won’t copy everything from your char… cause they want you to buy IM thingies again.
I wonder when people are going to realize that Fudgen is squeezing all of the money he can and then 9D will die.
If it’s not dead already…
Back to top Go down
PhoenixDemon
Heavenly Immortal
PhoenixDemon

Male

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:58 pm

Peachy wrote:
Posted by GM Fugen: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Server Copy is a manual, labor-intensive process
The only manual, labor-intensive process Fudgen is doing is being a wanker.
Back to top Go down
r3d
Spammer of the Land!
r3d

Male
Number of posts : 2153
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:22 pm

o.O what`s this :Server copy"?i dont get it xD
Back to top Go down
PhoenixDemon
Heavenly Immortal
PhoenixDemon

Male

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:26 pm

r3d wrote:
o.O what`s this :Server copy"?i dont get it xD
Server Copy is a manual, labor-intensive process... my ass... that will create a shadow on the server you choose for a crapload of money Smile
Back to top Go down
Peachy
Admin
Admin
Peachy

Female
Number of posts : 3141
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:35 pm

r3d, it duplicates your char on a server of your choice. However you go there naked and no items no money. You only have ur lvl, xp, skills and free stat & mastery reset.

Your original char remains unchanged in your original server.

This is available from Item Mall only (of cos, they'll earn alot of money) and it costs 20000 coins which is like.. ~~USD 200? O.O
Back to top Go down
https://guardians.niceboard.com
Hell_Spear7
Spammer!
Hell_Spear7

Male
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:53 pm

as i've been thinking for the past months

another pathetic attempt to get more money out of us.
where are the remaining quests?
where are the promised pvp balance items?
where is the pve balance
could go on longer
they should do that instead of working only on item mall
Back to top Go down
Zeus-X
Spammer!
Zeus-X

Male
Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:29 am

Actually, server copy can be done in 5 mins by database developer or programmer.

In database, it just have to copy a record from 'Character' table which has foreign key links to 'skills' and 'Epis' tables since it doesn't require to copy the items and gold.

If they are using MS SQL server, at SQL Management Studio, just have to select the desired records at 'Character' table and press Ctrl-C (as like text copy), and open the 'Character' table which already add link to another MS SQL DB server, and just press Ctrl-V (as like text paste). The new records will be appended at destination 'Character' table. After that, open 'Skills' table and find by foreign keys which has linked to Character table's primary key. And copy and paste in the same way. Or they may modify according to the newly added primary key of newly inserted character record. In that case, I guess 'Character' name must be primary key in their database. So, don't even need to care about referential integrity rules. Copying 'Epis' also can be done in the same way as copying 'Skills'.

They can copy and paste by writing some T-SQL scripts too. Then, just press 'F5' to execute the written script or just press 'Execute' button.

Its just a snap. But US$200! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flameberg
Moderators
Moderators
Flameberg

Male
Number of posts : 3399
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:48 am

Peachy wrote:
r3d, it duplicates your char on a server of your choice. However you go there naked and no items no money. You only have ur lvl, xp, skills and free stat & mastery reset.

This is available from Item Mall only (of cos, they'll earn alot of money) and it costs 20000 coins which is like.. ~~USD 200? O.O

hmm USD 200?

Quite cheap for new player.

Usually naked char high lv can sell more o.o

For new players, just ask a copy then
ta dah, got a high lv playable char? o.o
Back to top Go down
Athena96
Spammer!
Athena96

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:36 am

Flameberg wrote:
Peachy wrote:

hmm USD 200?

Quite cheap for new player.

Usually naked char high lv can sell more o.o

For new players, just ask a copy then
ta dah, got a high lv playable char? o.o

ta dah my ass Razz

the char will be on the same account Razz
Back to top Go down
solarlord
Moderators
Moderators
solarlord

Female
Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:28 am

for what? nothing over in another server...
whats the point?

and gotta start all over again or lure people to buy more item mall stuff to sell in game?
Back to top Go down
Flameberg
Moderators
Moderators
Flameberg

Male

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:34 am

Athena96 wrote:

ta dah my ass Razz

the char will be on the same account Razz

meh read >_>

[GM] Fugen wrote:
... You can propose to add copy character on new desirable account ...

personally I also dont know the point of server copy, especially without any stuffs >_>
Back to top Go down
solarlord
Moderators
Moderators
solarlord

Female

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:11 am

yeah.. i rather they copy my stuff hahahaha.... a lowbie with nice gear... whahah
Back to top Go down
Flameberg
Moderators
Moderators
Flameberg

Male

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:10 pm

solarlord wrote:
yeah.. i rather they copy my stuff hahahaha.... a lowbie with nice gear... whahah

true, so far almost all item mall to make u richer or better in game.

this copy char for what I still dunno
Back to top Go down
Flameberg
Moderators
Moderators
Flameberg

Male

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:24 pm

and update from hermit, ok... so 3 items excluding wep, cloth

9D Hermit wrote:
All right, after careful consideration I am announcing a change to Server Copy. You may now bring three (3) Items with you to the new server to help get you started. Any Item you own you may request be copied as well, excluding weapons and wardrobe. Got a Phoenix Flag, you can bring it. Blood Bead of Earth, sure.

List the Three Items in your email entry and it shall be done. If you already have a server copy pending, go ahead and send a follow up email, it shall be honored.
Back to top Go down
solarlord
Moderators
Moderators
solarlord

Female

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:36 pm

ahahahah... 3 item to help to level...

take a PS player... 0 gold with 3 bboe... go over... need to sell atleast 2 bboe to get a good weapon... whats the pt
Back to top Go down
Flameberg
Moderators
Moderators
Flameberg

Male

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:04 pm

hmm if move to Nirv 1 BBoE can sell for 4b

+9 LMBD 4 slotted only 2.5b

so basically still have more, def clothes also around 3b right now because the new "event item" aka gt and flowstone (which drop from bloody flowers as well)

but all seems pointless to me o_O even though copied H char to farm BE 1st doesnt matter as well, yesterday did runs with 2 drop cards only drop 1 BE each card, not the luck or the BE drop rate messed up I dunno
Back to top Go down
r3d
Spammer of the Land!
r3d

Male
Number of posts : 2153
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Peachy wrote:

LOL and they think its cheap or some lol i would never buy with 200usd i can make a new char better then mine even of its lower lvl lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flameberg
Moderators
Moderators
Flameberg

Male

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:11 pm

oh btw 3 items can be

someone said 3 stack of 255 BEs? that can make sense xD
Back to top Go down
solarlord
Moderators
Moderators
solarlord

Female

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:38 am

hahah 3 bags of gold consider?
Back to top Go down
xX-death-Xx
Sun and Moon
xX-death-Xx

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-01-17

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 8:06 pm

cool
i should copy Ace and play with that char on nirvana
lmao! ^^,
Back to top Go down
Flameberg
Moderators
Moderators
Flameberg

Male

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:19 pm

solarlord wrote:
hahah 3 bags of gold consider?

gold is in same bag ah, must be 3 chars with full gold, but they copy only 1 anyway xD
Back to top Go down
Flameberg
Moderators
Moderators
Flameberg

Male

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:30 am

[GM] Fugen wrote:

In regards to a single item, it's a single item -- not a stack of them. That prevents people from bringing over 3 stacks of 255 BEs, for example.

wahhaha BE's not viable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server Copy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Copy   Server Copy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Copy
Page 1 of 1